Goat masala fry is a popular meat recipe in many countries around the world. The mouth-watering cuisine is made with mutton or red meat.
While some people eat it with roti, some people prefer to eat it with rice. Either way, it tastes delicious and is mainly prepared in Hyderabad in India. Unlike biryani dishes such as Hyderabadi dum biryani of Sugarland Texas, this wonderful curry comprises of gravy which is prepared with onions, yogurt and tomatoes.
Patience is of utmost importance while cooking a mutton recipe. And cooking this dish is not an exception to this rule. Due to the fact that cooking the dish using a cooking vessel can be time-consuming, you can utilize a pressure cooker if you wish to cook the dish within a relatively shorter duration.
The ingredients for the dish, along with the steps to prepare it are listed below.
- Well cut and washed mutton pieces
- Edible oil 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Finely sliced medium sized onions (3)
- Red chilli powder (1 tbsp)
- Salt for taste
- Coriander seeds powder (1 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1/4 tsp)
- Finely chopped tomatoes (2)
- Cumin seeds powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped coriander leaves (2 tbsp)
- Curd/yogurt (1 cup)
- Garam masala powder (1/2 tsp)
- Mutton masala powder (1 tsp)
Instructions to Prepare Goat Masala Fry
- Add some oil into a pressure cooker and heat it.
- Place the sliced onions into it. Fry them until their color changes to slight golden.
- Sprinkle ginger garlic paste over it and cook it for few minutes.
- Now, put the mutton pieces until they roast with a distinct color.
- Place the spices over the mutton pieces: salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, mutton masala powder, cumin seeds powder. Mix them together; turn the flame low and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, put the chopped tomatoes. Mix them and sauté for at least three minutes until the tomatoes show signs of softening.
- Add curd or yogurt to it.
- Keep cooking until oil starts appearing around the corners. Next, put in a little water and chopped coriander leaves. Continue cooking it until the mutton pieces become soft.
- Reduce the steam and add garam masala powder. On sim flame, sauté it for about a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish the cooked dish using coriander leaves.
Serve the cooked cuisine either with roti or rice. You can also use tomato puree instead of tomatoes. However, it is important to cook the oil until the oil begins moving towards the center from the sides in case you prefer to use this option.