The sight of an ice cream delights both children and adults alike. In fact, its mere sight is good enough to transform one’s mood.
Today, ice creams are available in different flavors to meet the requirements of one’s taste bud. However, the one with a vanilla flavor is more popular than the other variants among ice cream lovers.
Given below is a simple and easy method with step-by-step instructions, so you are able to prepare it at your home on your own.
- Milk-full cream (2.5 cups)
- Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Custard powder (1 Tbsp)
- Cherries or nuts
- Cream (3/4 cups)
- Vanilla essence (2 tsp)
Directions to Prepare Vanilla Ice Cream
- Add sugar and custard to a half cup of the milk and shake them well together.
- Boil the remaining part of the milk. Bring it to a boil again by stirring continuously after the addition of custard powder to it.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 30 seconds. Next, turn the heat off and put it aside to cool it down.
- Mix vanilla essence and the cream when it cools down to the room temperature. Next, add vanilla essence and cream to it and transfer it to a tightly sealed container.
- Put it in a freezer until it is set up. Whip it up gently in a blender and put it back into the freezer again.
- Ensure that the lid is tightly shut as it the sure-fire way of preventing the crystals from foaming.
- Blend it for one more time. Place it back into the freezer when it is almost set. If necessary set the cooling to normal for around two hours on this occasion.
- Garnish it using nuts or cherries.
The above procedure is for 3 servings and takes about 3 hours for preparation. Also, this method eliminates the need for an ice cream maker or an ice cream machine to make ice cream at home.
As an alternative, you can also freeze it using an ice cream machine. However, it is necessary to follow the instruction to make sure that the right procedure is followed in making the ice cream.
Longing for a vanilla ice cream without making any pain-staking effort to make it? You can have them in quality restaurants such as Indian restaurants in Sugarland, Texas.