Paneer Kabab is a popular appetizer from the northern states in India. It is prepared by using curd, paneer and spices. Not only is this delicious food an ideal item for a snack but also for get-togethers and parties.
Due to the fact that a majority of foodies love paneer, its kabab variant is favoured by people from almost all age-groups. When paired with cocktails and mocktails, it serves as the perfect recipe to lighten the mood of everyone at a party.
If the short description of the dish, as given above, sounds impressive to you, use the ingredients and follow the steps given below to try out this delicious North Indian recipe at home.
- Cubed paneer (250 gm)
- Garlic paste (1 tsp)
- Yogurt (1 cup)
- Ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chaat masala powder (1 tsp)
- Spice chilli powder (3 tsp)
- Salt (2 tsp)
Directions to Prepare Paneer Kabab
- Take a bowl and add the ingredients together: ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix them well.
- Next, for marinating, place the paneer cubes in the bowl. Mix the pieces properly until they are coated with the mixture in the desired manner. Use a cling film to cover the bowl and set it aside in a fridge for at least a couple of hours. This is an important step to marinate the pieces of paneer.
- Now, over a medium flame, heat a grill pan. Drain out the marinade after taking out the cubes of paneer from the refrigerator. Grill them for at least 3-4 minutes until the color of the surface of each piece turns into golden brown.
- Garnish the delicious kababs with coriander chutney or mint.
Going by the recommendation of a majority of the chefs who specialize in making Hyderabadi dum biryani in Sugarland, Texas, the recipe tastes best when served hot after garnishing.